Magento 2 is a powerful and flexible e-commerce platform that offers many benefits for online merchants and developers. In this blog, I will focus on one of the most exciting features of Magento 2.4.6, the latest version of the platform, which is Seller-Assisted Shopping.
What is Seller-Assisted Shopping?
Seller-Assisted Shopping is a new feature that allows store administrators to log in as customers and assist them with various tasks, such as browsing products, adding items to cart, applying coupons, checking out, and more. This feature can be very useful for providing better customer service, increasing sales conversions, and building trust and loyalty with customers.
How does Seller-Assisted Shopping work?
Seller-Assisted Shopping works by generating a unique and secure access token for each customer session. The store administrator can request this token from the customer account page in the admin panel, or from the customer grid. The token can be sent to the customer via email or SMS, or copied to the clipboard. The customer then needs to approve the token request by clicking on a link or entering a code. Once the token is approved, the store administrator can log in as the customer and see the store from their perspective. The store administrator can then perform various actions on behalf of the customer, such as adding products to cart, applying discounts, filling in shipping and payment information, and placing orders. The store administrator can also chat with the customer via a live chat widget that appears on the storefront. The customer can revoke the token at any time by clicking on a link or entering a code. The store administrator can also end the session manually from the admin panel.
What are the benefits of Seller-Assisted Shopping?
Seller-Assisted Shopping can provide many benefits for both customers and store administrators, such as:
- Improving customer satisfaction and retention by providing personalized and proactive assistance
- Increasing sales conversions and revenue by reducing cart abandonment and encouraging upselling and cross-selling
- Enhancing customer trust and loyalty by demonstrating transparency and security
- Saving time and resources by simplifying complex or tedious tasks for customers
- Resolving issues and answering questions faster and more effectively
How to enable Seller-Assisted Shopping?
Seller-Assisted Shopping is available for Magento Commerce only, not for Magento Open Source. To enable this feature, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Magento admin panel
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Customer Configuration
- Expand the Login as Customer section
- Set Enable Login as Customer to Yes
- Configure other settings as per your preference, such as Allow Remote Shopping Assistance, Store View To Login In, Login as Customer Email Template, etc.
- Save the configuration
You can also set permissions for specific user roles to allow or deny access to this feature. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Magento admin panel
- Go to System > User Roles
- Select or create a user role
- Go to the Role Resources tab
- Under Resource Access, select Custom
- Under Sales > Operations > Login as Customer, select Allow or Deny
- Save the role
Seller-Assisted Shopping is a powerful and innovative feature that can help you provide better customer service, increase sales conversions, and build trust and loyalty with your customers. It is easy to set up and use, and it offers a high level of security and transparency. If you are using Magento Commerce 2.4.6 or later, you should definitely give this feature a try and see how it can improve your online store performance.
You can also contact me if you have any questions or feedback about this blog post. I hope you enjoyed reading it and found it useful. 😊